Believe it or not, it is still prime wedding season y’all, and that means lots and lots of pretties to doll up. Today I wanted to talk about bridal lip colors. *MOST* of my clients typically want something natural, but with a little pop for photos. Which is perfect because that is also my jam. One thing to remember when choosing a bridal lip color, is you want to have enough color on your lips to stand out in photos, but you also want to love it in person.
The biggest problem we are facing in the bridal lip color world is staying power. You want something that is going to hold up between smooches, but long wearing lip colors are often drying and can cake up easily. I am here to tell you that *spoiler alert* there is no perfect product that lasts all day and night without reapplying. I typically tell my brides to buy whatever it is that they are going to use so they have it with them for touch ups throughout the night. Good times to touch up are before pics, before ceremony, after dinner before toasts etc. Typically after that, you won’t care much anymore and will just want to dance with your husband!
I pulled together my current go-to bridal combos for you, I hope this helps!!
- Color Pop Ultra Satin Lip in Echo Park, combined with Buxom Plumping Lip Creme Gloss in Mudslide. So gorgeous. I wear this ALL.THE.TIME. This is probably my fav go to for brides currently. It is so beautiful, and the perfect rose nude if you will.
- YSL Tatouage Couture Liquid Matte Lip Stain in #7 Also a fav of mine. Now this one does last a good amount of time, and I love the formula. It doesn’t cake up like other long wearing lip colors.
- NYX Soft Matte Lip Creme in Cannes. This has been a favorite of mine for years. It is a little deeper than the previous two I mentioned, and it doesn’t stay as long, but it is really beautiful alone or with NYX Butter Gloss in Creme Brûlée.
- Sephora Liquid Lip Stain in #05 Infinite Rose and #71 Pink Cashmere These are another great longer option. They stay put pretty well, and don’t break the bank.
- Mac Whirl liner topped with Buxom Plumping Lip Creme in white Russian. This combo is a longtime fav of mine, and is so pretty!!
- Chanel Ultra Wear Lip Colour in Soft Rose. So gorgeous. It comes with the gloss to top with. Stays put through the smooches, and the gloss isn’t colored so you don’t have to worry about leaving marks on your hubby.
You really can’t go wrong with any of these, if you are wanting a classic, pretty-through-the-ages bridal look. I would say 98% of all of my clients use one of these colors I mentioned above. I just think they are all so timeless and beautiful!!
I am wearing the YSL #7 and Buxom White Russian in this pic of my husband and I actually dressed up and out on a date recently. It is probably my most fav!!
Lip color is such a personal choice, and these are just my personal favorites. I always recommend trying on a bunch of different brands and colors to find what is best for you on your wedding day! Happy shopping ladies!!