Back again. (jazz hands emoji)
But really, I am sure a lot of you reading are wondering, so girl, where have you been since 2014?! That’s right, I use to blog. It was actually a pretty big part of my life from 2009-2014. I loved it at the time, and obviously missed it because, here I am!
A lot has changed since then. I grew up, you grew up, we’re all basically functioning adults these days so YAY us!
Back when I started blogging it was really just these online scrapbooks of our daily lives. SO much has changed, my goodness. Now everyone has beautiful photographs, is building a brand, and blogging can be big business. I toyed with the idea to blog again for a long time. I mean do people even still read blogs? I thought long and hard about why I stopped in the first place, and I couldn’t really come up with an answer except that it just wasn’t fulfilling anymore at that time in my life. I weighed the pros and cons about a “blog comeback” if you will, and I finally just threw the list out the window and said, go for it, see if you like it again? So, hi. Here goes blogging 2.0.
Things that have changed in my life since I last blogged:
1. Well I am clearly older, and I like to think, much wiser. So that’s a positive. I am at a really good place in my life, and confident in who I am as a person, for probably the first time really EVER. My 20’s were clearly fun, but also hard, and I learned a lot. I will be the first to tell you that my 30’s have been exceptionally superior to my 20’s. This sounds like a post for another day though, noted.
2. I started PinkLouLou Design Studio with my business partner Dana back in 2013, and we are now both full time hair and makeup artists. It is pretty incredible, since it all kinda started with my blog in the first place, thanks PinkLouLou. I have been self employed since the fall of 2014, and it has been amazing. I feel truly blessed to be doing what I love, and it is a gift to be able to choose how I spend my time. Except for Saturdays, I have no choice on how I spend my Saturdays, ha.
3. I bought my second home (do not GET me started on the issues that led me to sell my first home) and it has treated me MUCH better, despite the fact that I miss my closet everyday. RIP closet.
I could write an entire post entitled “Ode to my old closet”, but that being said, I LOVE my new house, and it is so special to me in so many ways. It is where my husband and I fell in love, and now where we are spending our married days!
(PC Claire and Barrett)
4. HUSBAND! Yes, I have a husband!! I got married this past October 14, and I could truly not be happier. Tim is the love of my life, and the answer to so many prayers. Thank you God for this amazing man, I still can’t believe I got to marry Tim Jenks!!
(PC Claire and Barrett)
5. Sadie. Yes Sadie girl is still kicking (please and thank you Jesus!!) She will be 12 in October, TWELVE!! She has a step-sister now, Stella, so I think having to guard her food keeps her young.
So what’s next? I have no idea…really, I just couldn’t stop thinking about blogging again, and I could arguably use a creative project to occupy my downtime, so, here we are! I have some fun posts planned, and I am most certainly open to questions, ideas, and post suggestions, so let me know!!
Thank you from the bottom of me heart, for those of you that have been around since the beginning blog days of PinkLouLou! I got thousands of comments, messages and emails from long time readers when Tim and I got engaged, and it was so humbling. It meant the world, still, so thank you. Thanks for sticking around to see how the story turned out. let’s see what the next chapter brings, shall we? xo