Message #1 12:18 am: “Just so you know, you are the most difficult person to look up on facebook. There are at least a million Allison Johnson’s from Kentucky on there!”
PinkLouLou to herself: “hmmmm…”
Message #2 12:19 am: “I hope you remember me. Otherwise this is going to come across as REALLY creepy.”
LouLou thinks: “OMG…who did I meet…”
So I immediately click on Sir John Michael’s profile, and this jumps out at me.
Networks: Oxford High School.
OMG. Whilst in Oxford Mississippi for my birthday, I met a high school student, and probably tried to make out with him. (I sort of have some history with boys with birthdates of 1991. Yeah, I said it. Remind me to tell you that story later.) anyhoo, further investigation is clearly necessary.
So at dinner last night for Nicole’s birthday, I ask the girls…
“anybody remember me meeting someone in Oxford…maybe a younger sort of person…perhaps by the name of John Michael.”
Courtney says “OMG, YES! You talked to him for about two hours! He found out what your favorite shot was and brought one up to you! That was his entry move, and I think you then fell in love.”
It immediately all starts to come back to me…OH yeah! I DO remember something about this! This is just after we had been called old ladies by the young college girls, so I was so flattered that this guy was buying me a shot! And I thought it was so sweet that he had found out from the bartender what I liked! As you can probably guess, I am pretty sauced at this point. I would guess this took place circa the same time that this picture was taken.
Aaaaaand moving on. Courtney informed me that John Michael and I proceeded to talk for about two hours, posted up on some bar stools. Awesome. Very hazy memory of this. Here are a few things we have since concluded about said encounter:
1. there may have been dancing involved, we are not sure.
2. It is debateable that I likened my new found crush to John Krasinski.
(see my correlation during my boozy delusional fog?)
3. My friends had to pry me away from my young friend to take care of some other birthday business. HA.
4. And it has been determined that there was in fact not, any sort of birthday smooch shared between me and John Michael.
5. John Michael was in fact born in 89, so is therefore only five years my junior.
6. He is currently, class of ’12 at Sewanee, so Cheers. Older than I originally thought, just somehow happened to miss this part when I originally saw him on FB.
7. He is a very nice, sweet sweet guy.
All in all, it was a community effort but we were able to piece the story back together. I just sat there and laughed. What the heck. Only me. I am officially a Cougar.
John Michael, if you are reading, I am SO sorry for being a silly tipsy girl who at first, forgot all about our encounter. I do now in fact remember you, and think you are just a gem for being so nice and for making my birthday so fun! You are absolutely precious and I owe you a shot next time I am in Oxford!
So in conclusion, girls, if you have younger brothers, you might want to keep them away from me. IM KIDDING! 😉
Thought you all might enjoy, Thank goodness it is almost the weekend!