Embarrassing… I am a fatty

OK so I was cooking up a good post for y’all today, but will have to post it tomorrow as I am waiting on some crucial incriminating photos which are essential to the entirety of the post. However I will tell you what just happened at my favorite local fast food establishment. So it is no secret that I love the chicken store. Love it. And its an unfortunate circumstance that it is located directly beside my office. I drive through and get a diet coke in the morning, and then I am usually back for lunch. So today, I walk up to the counter and the nice lady says “Hi Allison, will it be the usual?” excuse me?Am I really here that much? OMG you are so right. I am a creature of habit and I get the same thing every time. How you know my name though, now that is just funny. I pay with my debit card every time, so go figure. Anyways I felt so silly! ha. I mean seriously, the Chic fil A people KNOW me and know what I eat for lunch. That is pathetic. And I need to find a new lunch spot. For the record, the ‘usual’ consists of the chargrilled chicken and fruit salad, light balsamic vinaigrette, a large DC and two packets of crackers. Its heavenly. Go try it. Just don’t eat it everyday unless you want to be on a first name bases with the staff.
  1. hey
    Im a new reader. I love chick fil a too! I actually chose my college because they had one on campus (true story) and now Im super craving some CFA!

2. Squirmy says:

This happened to me a few weeks ago in my local Starbucks! I thought it was so funny, I was embarrassed too though, I never realised I was such a creature of habit!

3. Ha, I love your honesty. I used to Nanny in college and every time before work I'd run through McD's drive thru to grab a quick bite. One day the man at the register said,"Oh wearing your hair down today huh?" At this point I knew I needed to either change my eating habits or the McDonalds I frequented.. I chose the latter.

4. You are so ridiculous!! I love it!!

PS I sent you something in the mail today!! 🙂

5. Annamarie says:

Hah!! This is too funny! I swear the people at the Panera Bread by my house know me by name as well!

6. I love Chicky (what me and the hubs call it!) too 🙂 That's so funny that she knew what your usual meal!

7. You aren't allowed to call yourself a fatty if what you're getting is a GRILLED chicken SALAD with LIGHT dressing, lady!! 🙂 I'm from Georgia where there are Chick-fil-A's all over the place, but I've never been into the craze cause I've been a vegetarian since I was in 9th grade. Everyone sure does love it, though!

So did your SF trip happen???

8. Jill says:

We all have our vices. Mine is a Large Hazelnut w/Cream & Sugar coffee from Dunkin' Donuts. However, I could eat CFA breakfast every day. Chicken biscuit and large sprite…10x better than the DD coffee, but more $$ and probably causes ass-expansion at a more exponential rate 🙂

9. Jill says:

Oh and PS. I was in the UK Student Center recently (for work)…they have a Chick fil A now. Had that been there while I was in college…I'd have been fat and broke.

10. Abby says:

I <3 Chickfila!

11. Stephanie says:

HA! So funny! I mean, it would be completely okay if it were a bar but Chick-fil-A?! LOL jk!! We all know you take a break from it once a week considering they're closed on Sundays. 🙂

12. Kerr says:

yummy I really want chicfila now. I was just home the past few days and we had lunch yesterday at Stanley J's. I had forgotten how good that place is. Chicken salad sandwich and potato salad is the best!

13. I can't believe you're calling yourself a "fatty" with a SALAD for lunch EVERYDAY! Oh my gosh!! I totally go for the 8 pack nuggets, fries, sweet tea, and polynesian sauce. 🙂

14. Whitney says:

My boyfriend and I are the same way with Steak n Shake. We have "our" waiter. They bring us both diet cokes before we order. They probably would bring us our food, but my boyfriend always changes what he gets, and I always get the same thing.

The love affair with Steak n Shake started before my boyfriend. I used to work 12-9 and would go there through the drive-thru on lunch. I did this for about 3-4 months. My car was messy too. I had a box of dishes one time. I moved them out of my car, and the guy at the window (he was always there, when I went there) asked where the dishes were. Weird! Then when I started working 8-4, I would still go there. The same guy asked me if I had a new schedule, because I wasn't there at my "usual" time. How crazy!

15. Cassie says:

I worked there during high school and I still can't get enough of it. I actually just had it for lunch yesterday. The chicken salad sandwich is my fav!